Traditional Media Planner
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Media Planners provide input to the strategic direction in order to create the best plans possible and are expected to be familiar with all account details as they pertain to media. The person who holds this position is expected to have a firm grasp of assigned accounts and to be a steward of the entire planning process.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Managing day to day plan changes/maintenance of media plans specifically on offline channels like national TV, radio, OOH, etc.
- Working directly with assistant media planner in creating, updating, and presenting media plans
- Responding to competitive requests; researching and compiling competitive data
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math, and media plan execution (e.g., reach, frequency, universe, rating, CPM)
- Responsible for analysis, planning, placement, and related reports
- Assemble and evaluate marketing data to determine the client’s advertising and media needs
- Analyze media alternatives to recommend how to best allocate the advertising budget
- Maintain regular contact with clients and account management
- Train assistant media planner(s)
- Meet with sales representatives and make recommendations to the team
- Keeping up with marketplace opportunities; evaluate and propose targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, and budget
- Work with other teams to solve media problems (e.g. buyers understand planners and vice versa, execution of integrated/added-value programs, billing discrepancies, traffic problems, contract loading, pre-emption, make-goods)
- Write POV’s
A bit about yourself:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communication
- 1-2 years of media planning experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.