Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As an Account Manager, you'll sit on-site at our client’s San Francisco office and Essence SF office, and play a vital role in the development and support of groundbreaking online advertising campaigns for the Google Apps Brand Marketing Team.
You have experience managing and delivering complex campaigns with multiple stakeholders. Your expert in making these campaigns run smoothly and calling out when things look like they could be going better. You’re familiar the agency trafficking process and can quickly troubleshoot ad delivery issues. You should have a high technical and analytical aptitude and enjoy hands-on learning in a fast paced environment.
Lastly, you will play a key role in coordination between Brand Marketing Managers and agency partners. You will play a central role ensuring that the organization has full visibility into campaign performance during and at the conclusion of each marketing campaign and apply the learnings to future campaigns and media strategy. If you are passionate about digital advertising, project management and driving innovation, this job is a fit for you!
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Conduit between Google Brand team, creative agencies, and Essence. Focused on campaign management, ensuring creative is delivered on time and to spec, media is pacing against targets, and identifying any issues or areas for optimization with the campaign.
- Manage the creative delivery and trafficking process. Work with Essence to ensure specs are accurate. Work with Google and agency partners to ensure timelines are communicated and adhered to and assets are delivered to spec.
- Support campaigns through their full life-cycle including creative delivery, media pacing, and measurement
- Manage financials across media activity to ensure budgets are balanced and allocated across multiple channels and the correct PO’s are raised
- Conduit between Essence, Media Lab Ops and PMM’s to manage communication around tracking within Google Apps, landing pages for campaigns and relevant UTM’s
- Ensure that the relevant internal data is shared with data for analysis. E.g. working with Gpod or pulling reports from Google Analytics
A bit about yourself:
- Exceptional project manager who can work with multiple stakeholders to deliver complex projects on time.
- Proven track record to develop strong stakeholder and agency relationships. Must be detail-oriented with the ability and willingness to quickly complete large volumes of work with high quality
- Strong troubleshooting skills: ability to quickly and creatively solve issues (both technical and operational)
- Expertise in ad-serving technologies such as AdWords, DoubleClick for Advertisers, DoubleClick for PUblishers a huge plus
- Strong analytical skills a huge plus: ability to sift through huge volumes of data to identify and develop actionable insights
- Passion for and working knowledge of the media landscape.
- Organizational knowledge of Essence. Able to find the right people to answer questions when needed.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the desire to learn and advance
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- At least 3 years experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.