Media Activation Manager (Social)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized. This role is for the Social team, part of the Media Activation team.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- Translating client requirements into Social campaign delivery briefs.
- Effectively manage client deliverables to deliver on time and on target
- Develop strong relationships with your client, acting as key channel expert
- Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight
- Ownership and monitoring of campaign performance to ensure that Social team provides proactive, strategic and tactical optimization recommendations
- Lead end of month/quarter campaign wrap ups for Social channels
- Regularly contribute to media best practices and campaign processes
- Develop and execute rigorous testing plans
- Craft actionable insights for weekly and quarterly reports
- Manage the successful task delegation of work for 1-2 junior team members
A bit about yourself:
- Approximately 3-5 years experience in a digital media agency
- Specialization in Social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Facebook blueprint certification
- Doubleclick or Adwords certification desirable
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and proven critical thinking capability
- Proven experience managing people/teams
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.