Activation Manager, Programmatic
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity are maximized.
The Media Activation Manager (Programmatic) is responsible for owning the day-to-day execution of all elements of display activity, employing strong platform knowledge & supplier relationships to deliver flawless testing and media plans, optimization, and analysis. The role involves managing 1-2 juniors, overseeing their work and their development to successfully execute client deliverables and progress all internal projects. They will also work closely with their account lead (and the team’s head of display), to deliver world-class display programs that exceed our client’s expectations.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Showcase expertise in display platforms
- Tactically plan, launch and optimize media channels within a media campaign
- Support end of month/quarter campaign wrap-ups
- Regularly contribute to media best practices and campaign processes
- Develop and execute rigorous testing plans
- Craft actionable insights for weekly and quarterly reports
- Manage the successful task delegation of work for 1-2 junior team members
A bit about yourself:
- Specialization in DSP platforms (e.g. DV360 - formerly DBM, Google Ads - formerly Google AdWords, Trade Desk, AppNexus, Amazon), or with SSP/Ad Exchange platforms (e.g. AdX, Rubicon). Experience with reservation-based buying, including vendor management and negotiation and IO handling a plus.
- Doubleclick certification
- Approximately 3-4 years of experience in a digital media agency, a minimum of 3 years of media buying experience.
- Detailed knowledge of challenges for mobile & video in programmatic - e.g. SDK, VPAID/VAST
- Experience with data integration projects - e.g. API, DMP, Analytics, etc
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across media buying platforms would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are particularly important in developing client relationships and maintaining efficient communication across the team
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and confidence in making information-based decisions
- Adept at working within a team and partnering across teams
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.