Leveraging emerging media and advancements in advertising to devise custom programs for brands.
Essence's Content Innovation practice pursues innovation in marketing beyond advertising, creating opportunities for brands to join a conversation rather than interrupt one. Our goal is to bring brand communication eye-to-eye with the consumer, helping brands simultaneously demonstrate value and values. Our custom programs help brands act authentically, driving brand awareness and brand affinity along with recall, intent to purchase, and intent to recommend.
What We Do
Bringing brands to life through relevant and innovative content and experiences, powered by data science.
Our Content Innovation practice leverages media partnerships, technology, and creative expertise to create best in class experiences and first-to-market activations in six distinct territories:
- Promoting brands or products through the creation of content that provides value to audiences.
- Showcasing brands or products through engaging storytelling - typically through use by characters or talent - in ways that don't feel like a brand promotion.
- Strategic partnerships between brands or brands and media owners that introduces a product or activation to complementary audiences.
- Immersing audiences in fun and memorable experiences - often providing hands-on product demos - to stir genuine positive emotion associated with the brand.
Influencers and Endorsements
- Leveraging celebrity to legitimize a brand or product or validate a brand claim or position via personality or popularity.
- Paid support of an event or editorial to convey brand values and/or gain exposure by positively participating in and supporting a key community.
Google Assistant Fantasy Football Advisor
With more than 40 million players in the US, fantasy football is one of America’s most popular social activities. But the time it takes to extensively research players and monitor statistics can be daunting for both diehard fans and newcomers alike. Paradoxically, time spent on fantasy football often comes at the expense of enjoying the game itself, as 44% of TV viewers will check stats on their phones and risk missing the game they love.
To help, Google and CBS Sports Digital teamed up to create CBS Sports Ultimate Fantasy Advisor - the first-ever voice-enabled fantasy sports assistant. Created as custom action on Google Assistant that combines proprietary data from CBS Sports and the power of Google’s machine learning, the Ultimate Fantasy Advisor not only gives users real-time advice on building and managing fantasy football teams but demonstrates to a key audience how Google Assistant fits seamlessly into their lives.
With thousands of uses throughout the football season, the Ultimate Fantasy Advisor established itself as one of the most commonly used actions on Google Assistant on Sundays, the biggest day for fantasy football engagement. The partnership exceeded benchmarks for breakthrough (exceeding recall by 9 points), favorability (10% lift), and usage intent (11% lift).
Lift in favorability
Lift in favorability exceeded benchmarks by 7 points
Lift in usage intent
Lift in usage intent exceeded benchmarks by more than 10 points.
Our Content Innovation leadership team
Our Content Innovation team is led by subject matter experts in custom executions, emerging technology, and partner relationships.