Media Technologist (AD, Business Intelligence)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role:
Essence is seeking a Media Technologist with deep expertise in ETL tools and Google Stack to join our team in Los Angeles. You will be part of the highly dynamic Media Activation Technology (MAT) team and will be involved in the data engineering and automation of processes involved in various phases of campaign analytics in order to improve campaign performance, reporting, and efficiency.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Work with client and agency-side stakeholders to design digital media campaign reports and dashboards
- We use BigQuery because of its integration with the rest of our Google Stack including Google Sheets and Data Studio. So, expert knowledge of these tools is critical.
- Lead a team of 2-3 technical and reporting FTEs
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements to ensure the consistency, speed and accuracy of all report delivery.
- Prototype/build the data infrastructure, tools, and processes that enable our teams to rapidly and reliably build reproducible and effective pipelines, reports, analyses, and models.
- Work closely with your peers within the activation (media buying) and analytics teams (Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Data Analysts) as well as in other practices at Essence (e.g. media planning, etc.), to ensure to identify opportunities to create simple automation algorithms for various phases of our campaign setup and management.
A bit about yourself:
- Consultative minded, digital media savvy marketing data engineer with an interest in and an eye for design.
- An expert in the Google Stack, with experience Supermetrics for BigQuery and ETL process for ingesting Google Adwords, DCM, DV360 and Facebook Ads data.
- Experience in automation of ETL pipeline using Airflow or other similar tools.
- Experience in data extraction & ingestion involving distributed data systems using protocols like REST, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Good understanding of data architecture, data integrity concepts and data standardization.
- Experience in Google Cloud/AWS technologies
- Experience in data visualization is a must have (front end report design is a critical component of this role)
- Experience in marketing analytics and/or digital media experience is a strong plus
- Understanding of digital marketing campaigns and their objectives, experience with search analytics and/or Financial Services industry is a strong plus
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.