Ad Tech Supervisor
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Essence is seeking a Ad Operations Technical Supervisor to become an integral part of our Ad Operations team within North America. You will be responsible for sharing your expert ad tech knowledge to support campaign launches, develop POVs, and help in the transition into a cookie-less world . You will work with internal teams to knowledge share and implement advanced measurement solutions. Often, you will work clients, ad tech vendors, and publishers to ensure consult and solve for industry gaps. You will have expert knowledge of ad serving systems and a passion for new and emerging technologies. The right candidate will have two pus years experience managing a team, experience trafficking campaigns in DoubleClick, and the ability to quickly adapt to an ever changing ad tech landscape.
Working closely with the Ad Ops Technical Associate Director you will play a supportive role in new product development, technical consultation and deployment of measurement solutions. You will have a collaborative and “can do” attitude to help interface with our Analytics and Media team to deliver exceptional media solutions. You will also provide support on the development and execution of client initiatives.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Support the Associate Director to onboard and validate new partner measurement vendors, including the continual development of measurement best practices, leading supplier communication, and being a center of excellence for ad tech implementation.
- Lead the continual assessment of the ad technology landscape, and lead in testing of different products – including ad delivery, ad verification and measurement.
- Collaborate with publishers, ad tech vendors, and internal teams to innovate and future proof our media to protect our client’s investments.
- Develop a tagging strategy leveraging tag management solutions, cross-device graphs, web and app analytics tools
- Maintain a high quality standard for the Ad Operations department by leading the Quality Assurance process in collaboration with the Associate Director to ensure 100% accuracy and to exceed client expectations, while trafficking when needed.
- Monitor campaign delivery to ensure campaigns are running as expected and targeting objectives are met, including checking daily reports and providing troubleshooting support for trafficking issues related to creative, publisher implementation, and escalating to third party vendors when necessary.
- Serve as a model leader to team members, motivating and inspiring the team to strive for excellence, building global relationships, and working towards continuous team improvement.
- Act as an ambassador of ad operations across the agency. Work with leads on other teams to raise visibility, train new starters on process, attend conferences and continually educate teams on recent developments; building advocacy across the agency.
A bit about yourself:
- 5+ years’ experience in ad operations, preferably agency-side working on large and complex client accounts
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Hands-on knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies, especially Ad Servers (Doubleclick), tag management solutions (Google Tag Manager & Tealium), and preferably cloud based clean rooms (ADH)
- A strong understanding of ad technologies by environments such as web, apps, and OTT/ CTV
- A passion for all things digital, including a good understanding of industry trends, browser changes, and privacy updates
- An ability to demonstrate getting the best out of people; including hands-on management, coaching and inspiration of a more junior team
- A strong work ethic; able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills, to ensure you can keep on top of your own and others workload
- Fine-tuned communication, presentation and influencing skills; with an ability to think creatively and present in a manner that inspires and excites
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, and SDKs a plus
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.