Assistant Media Buyer
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the Role:
The Assistant Media Buyer will assist their client team in the preparation of budgets, competitive and target analysis reports, media POV’s, and media proposals. This individual will also resolve billing discrepancies.
An important part of the role is to learn and assist in the development of media plans and executions and related functions. They will assist Planner/Buyers in all aspects of the negotiating process and servicing, while developing knowledge of vendor offerings, computer and maintenance tools and research.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Input and track client schedules in campaign management system
- Handle day-to-day client requests
- Secure and confirm makegoods for campaign inventory
- Review vendor contracts for accuracy
- Generate schedules where necessary/appropriate to client teams
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Analyze and prepare post-buy reports and presentations
- Prepare status updates for internal status meetings, which includes taking minutes and updating status documents
- Utilize and understand proprietary and syndicated research tools used for planning and reporting purposes
- Utilize syndicated research to help analyze the competitive landscape
- Develop agency point of views on media opportunities for submission to the client
- Input data into Campaign Management (i.e. DDS)
- Resolve discrepancies within the billing process
A bit about yourself:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Works well in a team setting
- Thrives in fast paced environment
- Embraces agency core values
- Desire to learn, develop and progress
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and/or Google (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Desire to understand the broader media landscape and its impact on campaigns and strategies
- Digitally Savvy: Personally uses digital social media, demonstrates passion about emerging media, ability to search and research topics, etc.
- Thrives in team environment
- Passion for movie/entertainment industry, avid movie-goer
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.