Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Essence is known for its use of data and rigorous experiment-based best practices to measure and quantify the success of digital media. Over the years, we have run hundreds of studies and led several research and analytics projects to understand what makes digital advertising successful.
This role, based in Los Angeles, is a member of an innovative Advanced Analytics team dedicated to a movie studio client. You will be instrumental in the development of maximizing insights from data of varying sources and applications with the overall objective to drive marketing efficiencies.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the team that is responsible for the creation of clear and robust campaign reporting with valuable and actionable insights
- Work with client account teams to help define the correct questions to get under the skin of campaign performance and then interrogate data sources to deliver the answers
- Deliver “best in class” analytical capabilities across the agency with the wider analytics team, including the use of new methods, techniques, tools and systems
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools.
- Build a deep understanding of the media marketing plans and their objectives to help account teams build comprehensive measurement, and test & learn plans
- Support the leadership of the North American Analytics team
- Assist clients with objective setting for marketing plans
- Oversee junior members of the team in the delivery of their responsibilities, ensuring quality and that deadlines are met
A bit about yourself:
- Degree/equivalent experiences in the applied quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering or CS)
- 10+ years of experience in strategic analytics with experience managing a team of analytics professionals
- Experience leading marketing campaign measurement (both Direct Response and Brand Awareness campaigns)
- Experience with applications of hypothesis testing, design of experiments, A/B testing
- Strong understanding of what data points can be collected and analyzed in a digital media campaign, and how each data point should be analyzed
- Excellent at presenting data in a visually engaging and insightful manner that cuts through the noise
- Proficiency with languages such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience with digital marketing platforms, such as Google Campaign Manager, DSPs (Google DV360, The Trade Desk), and marketing on social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Ability to communicate your findings effectively
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.