Digital Planning Supervisor
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role:
The Digital Supervisor plays a key role in the translation of the client’s marketing and advertising objectives into overall media strategies and directs the development of media plans based on approved strategy.
Accountable for brand planning our aim is to build deeper connections with audiences that go beyond the banner. We transform our clients’ business objectives and product strategy into insight-rooted plans. We build and maintain strong relationships with media owners to ensure that our plans are the most innovative in the industry. We manage all reservation based media activity to ensure delivery against campaign objectives.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, and translating them into media objectives/strategies.
- Develop interactive media campaigns/programs.
- Present strategic media recommendations to client and agency management
- Supervise the development and negotiation of all media buys. Supervise and monitor the implementation of all media buys.
- Oversee long term partnerships with media companies.
- Oversee all added value programs/opportunities to ensure smooth execution.
- Check for accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all media group outputs.
- Keep media and Account Management updated and informed on the status of all account projects.
- Initiate Media, Account Group and appropriate client meetings.
- Provide clients with strategic points-of-view.
- Attend and participate in client/Agency meetings.
- Supervise, advise and counsel junior staff on all day-to-day activities.
- Train Interaction staff in media and marketing disciplines as well as the specifics of the client’s business and industry.
- Keep abreast of current events, media trends, and any target market industry trends that impact the client’s business.
- Meet with media vendors to keep abreast of the latest trends in communications.
- Train, instruct and advise junior staff in the various media training programs.
A bit about yourself:
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solver
- Desire to learn, develop and progress
- Proven record of digital planning and buying experience
- Proven record of digital successful and accurate campaign implementation and management
- Experience of managing significant annual online budgets
- Ability to delegate and oversee Assistant Media Planner and Media Planner workload
- Thrives in fast paced environment
- Thinks Strategically
- Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc)
- Experience and understanding of industry research and planning tools (Comscore, Compete, MRI, Hitwise, etc.)
- Working knowledge of industry trafficking and reporting tools (Dart, Atlas, and MediaMind, etc.)
- Ability to confidently and clearly present work to the client, verbally and in document form
- A desire to understand the broader media landscape and its impact on digital campaigns and strategies
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.