Associate Director- Content & Innovation
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the Role :
Assist global content COE with developing partnership opportunities, toolkits development, creation and cascade.
Strategic Thinking and Thought Leadership
- Build effective content marketing strategy and ideas (together with global Comms team, global brand and partners) to support global Comms / BETs.
- Support in development of playbooks outside of BETs to outline approach to land UL mandate on Content.
- Driving application of repeatable models of success for content in BETs.
- Curating best practices and sharing across the planning hubs to inspire content innovation.
Stewardship of Content Partnerships and Innovation
- Support in building the future facing innovation roadmap through Global Content days, partner days and brand workshops etc.
- Support in building and refreshing content partnership agenda to ensure relevance.
- Support on negotiations with publishers, broadcasters and content partners.
- Tracking contract and entitlement fulfilment on both client and partner side.
Market engagement and Deployment
- Encourage collaboration between global and local markets to ensure landing of partnerships.
- Work with local market to identify local opportunities and scale across multi-markets.
A bit about yourself:
- 6+ years’ experience in content marketing within an agency or content production or publisher setting.
- Strong understanding on the content landscape (partners such as publishers, broadcasters and content creators)
- A track record of collaboration leading to successful campaign results.
- A developed understanding of content planning frameworks, strong strategy development skills.
- Understanding about innovative content platforms, media networks and knowledge on influencer marketing is a plus.
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Journalism, Content Marketing, Communications, Business.
- Strong written and speaking command of the English languages.
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and under pressure.
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.