Sr. Media Buyer (TV Buying)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the Role:
The team is an integrated media planning/buying team. The nature of the movie business is such that the execution happens right as the plan unfolds. Media neutrality is important, as each film has a different target, strategy and goal. Timelines and turnaround times on plans/executions are tight; requiring a dedicated team approach.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of media inventory
- Assist in developing plan metrics and responsible for analysis and related reports pertaining to campaign KPIs
- Prepare, check, verify and issue analysis including ongoing maintenance
- Oversee the resolution of billing discrepancies
- Assist Manager in all phases of account/client management
- Analyze media alternatives to recommend how to best allocate the advertising budget
- Manage day to day plan changes/maintenance of media plans
- Facilitate competitive analysis
- Develop agency points of view on media opportunities for submission to the client
- Play a key role in the budget and client billing process to ensure accuracy
- Write and maintain status and contact reports to ensure efficient workflow to meet deadlines
- Compile and analyze marketing and media data to support implementation decisions
- Search for unique sources of information to support non-traditional recommendations
A bit about yourself:
- Degree from a top-tier College, 3.0 GPA or equivalent (preferably numerical)
- Minimum 4-5 years as a Digital Media professional
- Possess a desire to understand the broader media landscape and its impact on video campaigns and strategies
- Working knowledge of Syndicated tools (PMB, Evaliant, Xpert, Comscore, etc.)
- Digitally Savvy: Personally uses digital & social media, shows passion for emerging media, Google Analytics, Google Images, ability to search and research topics, etc.
- Interest in video disciplines (traditional, on-line, digital, etc.)
- Interest in emerging technologies and the burgeoning video ecosystem
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.