Senior Analyst - Data Engineer
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Essence is seeking a Senior Analyst (Data Engineer) to join our team in New York or San Francisco. You will be part of the highly dynamic analytics team and will be involved in the data engineering & automation of processes involved in various phases of campaign analytics in order to improve campaign performance, reporting & efficiency.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality and performance etc.
- Build the data infrastructure, tools, and processes that enable our teams to rapidly and reliably build reproducible and effective pipelines, reports, analyses, and models.
- Work closely with your peers within analytics team (Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Data Analysts) as well as in other practices at Essence (e.g. performance marketing, media buying and planning etc.), to ensure data engineering and platform support for various phases of our campaigns.
A bit about yourself:
- Ideally 2- 3 years of data engineering experience.
- Programming expert in Python, SQL & Shell scripts.
- Experience in automation of ETL pipeline using Airflow or other similar tools.
- Experience in data extraction & ingestion involving distributed data systems using protocols like REST, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Experience in Big Data technologies
- Good understanding of data architecture, data integrity concepts and data standardization.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform/AWS technologies is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization is a plus.
- Experience in marketing analytics and/or digital media experience is a plus.
- Understanding of marketing campaigns and their objectives, experience with search analytics and/or Financial Services industry is a plus.
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.