Analytics Associate Director
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As the Associate Director of Analytics, you will help the Analytics team in being accountable for quantifying and measuring the success of our executions and for delivering insights that enable us to innovate the work we deliver at Essence.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Build a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help account teams build comprehensive measurement, and test & learn plans
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools. Managing the process through to delivery and take ownership of global roll out
- Recruit, manage and mentor analytical resource, ensuring the efficient flow of work through the team, the timely delivery of high-quality outputs and their continuing development as professionals
- Lead the creation of clear, robust and thought-provoking campaign reviews and insights
- Work with Account teams to help define the correct questions to get under the skin of campaign performance and then interrogate data sources to deliver the answers
- To help deliver “best in class” analytical capabilities across the agency with the wider analytics team, including the use of new methods, techniques, tools and systems
- Develop innovative marketing campaigns and assist clients to define objectives
A bit about yourself:
- 5+ years of experience working in a data based role
- Experience managing a team and ability to delegate effectively
- Proficiency with systems such as SQL, Social Analytics tools (Crimson Hexagon), Python, and ‘R’
- Expose to measurement of both Direct Response and Brand Awareness campaigns
- Excellent at presenting data in a visually engaging and insightful manner that cuts through the noise
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of what data points can be collected and analyzed in a digital campaign, and how each data point should be analyzed
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.