Ad Operations Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Essence is seeking a Digital Advertising Operations Manager to become an integral part of our Advertising Operations team. Reporting into the Advertising Operations Supervisor, you will oversee junior team members that work across client accounts. The right candidate will have a number of years’ experience working in the trenches of Advertising Operations within an Advertising agency, a good understanding of the digital landscape and most importantly an appetite to continually improve team workflow and process to ensure we continue to deliver best-in-class Advertising Operations. You will have expert knowledge of ad serving systems and a passion for new and emerging technologies. You will also have a collaborative and “can do” attitude to help interface with our Analytics and Media team and deliver exceptional media solutions.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- Learn to manage and develop junior team members, including their successful induction into the team, the continual assessment of their needs, and the delivery of training to ensure their continued career development. (20%)
- Project manage and drive ownership of several internal large initiatives for the Advertising Operations team. (Minimum of 20%)
- Help lead the team to continually identify and implement opportunities for improvement within team processes, supporting systems and communication channels
- Monitor campaign delivery to ensure campaigns are running as expected and targeting objectives are met, including checking daily reports and providing troubleshooting support for trafficking issues related to creative, publisher implementation, and escalating to third party vendors when necessary
- Act as an ambassador of Advertising Operations across the agency. Work with senior leads in other teams to raise visibility, train new starters on process, attend conferences and continually educate teams on recent developments; building advocacy across the agency
A bit about yourself:
- 3+ years’ experience in Advertising Operations, preferably agency-side working on large and complex client accounts
- Hands-on knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies, especially DoubleClick
- An ability to demonstrate getting the best out of people; including hands-on management, coaching and inspiration of a more junior team
- A strong work ethic; able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.