Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role:
The Manager position is one of interaction with clients, internal team members in senior and junior positions alike and media vendors and partners.
The primary objective of the Project Manager is to oversee all aspects of the team’s media process and client servicing while maintaining knowledge of marketplace conditions, business objectives, and media opportunities.
The Manager will also provide leadership and development tools for all team members, by ensuring their exposure to all necessary facets of the planning and buying process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the full team’s timelines and deliverables with respect to the development of plans and presentations
- Oversee workflow pertaining to all aspects of the media plan and execution
- Supervise team members for the day-to-day running of the account, ensuring that reporting goes out on time, status meetings are held, and relevant POVs are sent
- Vigorously reviewing all work to ensure high-quality standards
- Manage status reporting process to ensure efficient workflow to meet deadlines
- Project management and delegation to complete all client-related tasks
- Ensure plans are executed flawlessly
- Regular campaign reporting
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Staff supervision, training, and development serving as a positive role model with a strong work ethic
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Maintain client contact and manage client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
- Keep apprised via attendance in key industry events
- Assist in the preparation, creation, and dissemination to the client of written points of view on relevant media issues and recommendations
- Take lead role in analyzing current and future marketplace conditions and pricing
- Attend client specific/departmental meetings and mandatory Agency Training
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and share knowledge with team
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Ability to confidently manage multiple projects
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- Team player
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience, with relevant media industry experience from agency preferred
- Proven record of project management experience
- Demonstrate supervisory, delegation and strong mentorship skills
- Strong client management experience; a proven track record in delivering exceptional results to clients
- Demonstrates understanding of media basics and concepts
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, g-mail)
- Personally uses digital social media, demonstrates passion about emerging media, ability to search and research topics, etc.
- Thrives in a team environment
- Demonstrates genuine interest and knowledge of movie landscape
- Entertainment/movie industry experience
- Passion for movie/entertainment industry, avid movie-goer
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.