Associate Media Activation Manager (Paid Social)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
The Associate Media Activation Manager is responsible for the effective management of both platform and reservation based media buying and optimization activity (Search, Social, Display). This involves building on existing strong multi channel knowledge and supplier relationships to manage flawless delivery of media plans via analysis and optimization. The Associate Media Activation Manager will begin to develop further expertise within one or two chosen channels of Media Activation; this depth of knowledge will complement the breadth of skills already attained so that they can begin to contribute to channel-level strategy, identifying opportunity to innovate and optimize effectively within that / those chosen channel(s).
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Managing campaign launches across all relevant channels
- Responsible for In-flight campaign optimisation and hygiene to improve performance
- Responsible for producing campaign reports, including daily pacing, data inputting and providing insightful commentary and recommendations for clients
- Ensuring platform accounts align to all channel best practices, and also contributing to the ongoing evolution of best practice for your primary channel
- Providing assistance for new starters
- Interact effectively within your client team, and with the client & suppliers for your account (and taking some level of client comms ownership within your account)
- Assist with internal data maintenance, issue identification and solution development that your team conducts
- Contribute to the testing plans of your clients, suggest new ideas for testing and own this for your channel, including planning, executing & evaluating tests with methodical accuracy
- Responsible for liaising with the Ad Ops team to ensure Data Integrity reports are accurate
- Flag pacing risks to Media Activation teams
A bit about yourself:
- Detail-oriented and responsive, with strong quantitative reasoning skills; you must be able to analyse data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- Adaptable and able to flex with changes in prioritisation to meet new or changed goals (including re. developing new skills)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills; ability to implement and adhere to and meet deadlines, and project-manage multiple campaigns
- Concrete general knowledge of (and passion for) all areas of digital marketing and media
- Good client relationship and management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is desirable
- Ability to assist and support other team members in a positive light
- Bachelor’s degree in a Media/Advertising or related field
- Experience may be substituted for the education
- Proven experience (1-2 years) at Senior Account Executive level in a Digital Media or Advertising role, with a focus on SEM, paid social, or display media buying
- Experience in managing biddable media accounts across multiple markets
- Google AdWords Certification OR Doubleclick Certification OR Facebook blueprint certification desirable
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.