Associate Director, Creative Strategy
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Essence is on a mission to define the future of data-driven creativity. This doesn't just mean making things that we can prove work - it's how we create the right messages for the right moments using all the available signals.
We're looking for an Associate Director, Creative Strategy to help us build this future. This person should live at the intersection of creative x media, equally as interested in where/when something should exist, what story we tell, and how we tell it.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Collect, interpret and distill information from multiple sources to create simple and compelling stories
- Deeply understand media platforms across formats and channels, being able to speak fluently in how creative ideas can manifest in different places
- Write amazing creative briefs and collaborate closely with creatives teams to bring them life
- Partner with Content and Innovation team to drive insights that lead to ideas rooted in truths about emerging cultural values or changes in consumer behavior
- Collaborate across internal disciplines and external stakeholders to connect and translate strategic comms to creative strategy across campaign touchpoints
- Understand how to use and extract the most value from quantitative and qualitative research/information tools
- Employ design thinking models (consumer experience, journey mapping, contextual media approaches) as a means of communicating creative strategy
- Guide junior strategists and research associates in their outputs and growth
- Work with creatives and content team to come up with smart and awesome ideas
- Stay on top of industry, cultural and consumer trends, feeding into strategy and client thought leadership
A bit about yourself:
- 6+ years experience in a strategic function
- A beacon of inspiration and insight for creative teams across the agency
- Google slides artist
- A strong presenter and conversationalist in person and on Google hangouts
- A self-starter with a curious, proactive mindset
- Strong writer and a thinker
- A problem solver with an optimistic orientation
- A weirdo who likes hanging out with other weirdo
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.