Performance Media Supervisor
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Essence Media Activation team sitting alongside the YouTube team at Google’s campus is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Display, and Video for a number of innovative expanded offerings for YouTube, then executing those recommendations expertly and measuring effectiveness. The team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized in line with YouTube’s objectives.
This is an exciting role for a media professional who is ready to take the next step into leadership and media innovation. The Media Activation Supervisor @ YouTube is responsible for the on-site coordination and delivery across several auction based platforms, and will operate as the main campaign point of contact for our client, as well as supervisor to a team supporting YouTube’s strategic objectives through new and proprietary advertising strategies. They will apply their expert platform knowledge and account management practices to several of YouTube’s proprietary systems, and ensure effective management of projects to brief, schedule and budget. They will work shoulder to shoulder with Google’s YouTube team in San Bruno to manage a small Essence team, while working closely with their account lead (and the team’s head of Performance Media), to deliver world class paid performance media programmes which exceed our client’s expectations.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Use your proven expertise in SEM or performance display and your deep understanding of Google Ads to manage a small team within YouTube’s campus to help YouTube recognize success through excellent in activation, in accordance with proprietary strategic growth objectives
- Lead the team to tactically plan and oversee all media channel launches and QA within a media campaign, specifically designed to take YouTube’s ad offerings to the next level
- Be accountable for media channel performance to goal
- Co-own end of month/quarter campaign wrap ups
- Regularly contribute to media best practices and campaign processes as it relates to YouTube's future growth plans
- Develop and oversee execution of rigorous testing plans
- Ensure actionable insights for weekly and quarterly reports are in place
- Manage all aspects of 2-3 direct reports
A bit about yourself:
- You have approximately 4-6 years experience in a digital media agency with a large, complex client, minimum 3 year of media buying experience, minimum 2 years of people management experience
- You are an expert in the practice of SEM, Google Display Network, UAC, or TrueView
- You have an active Adwords Certification (Doubleclick certification a plus)
- You are passionate about digital advertising, and an active entrepreneurial spirit around trends in online advertising
- You have a strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across media buying platforms
- You are comfortable working independently but know when and how to consult others
- You love some good quantitative analysis and you have confidence in making information based decisions
- You are proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.