Media Planning Supervisor
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Our aim is to build deeper connections with audiences across all media channels. We transform our clients’ business objectives into audience led, consumer first plans. We build and maintain strong relationships with media vendors to ensure that our plans are the most innovative in the industry. We manage all media activity to ensure plans deliver against client objectives.
The Media Planning Supervisor constructs the strategic foundation for media plan development and makes sure all tactics are grounded in these guiding strategic principles. As a key agency contact, he/she works closely with clients and all internal/external partners, coordinating parties ensuring streamlined communication is achieved and tactical plans are delivered and executed. They serve as the central hub on the team playing a key role connecting teams and ideas throughout the planning process.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Display a mastery of media fundamentals including experience and interest across digital and traditional media planning
- Work with Associate Planning Director and team to develop holistic media strategies for assigned bodies of work
- Lead planning work; Receive, interpret briefs and oversee media plans that excite the client and deliver against their objectives
- Input into measurement plans and post campaign reporting - produce insightful analysis, demonstrating the effectiveness of our planning
- Work cross functionally with internal teams including client services, creative, analytics, buying, finance etc.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and partner agencies at appropriate level
- Lead client presentation development
- Lead, attend and/or contribute to client meetings
- Maintain and steward media plans
- Train and mentor direct reports (media planners, assistant planners) on a daily basis, ensuring junior team members have challenging, level-appropriate projects and opportunities to learn new skills
- Manage performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, identifying training needs for improved performance, setting goals for career development and ensuring actions are taken
A bit about yourself:
- 5 - 7 years experience at an advertising or media agency in a planning role
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration; but also capable of working independently when needed
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - ability to think on your feet
- Strong analytical skills
- A passion to help and develop people – making yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support, and the ability to motivate people to succeed
- Strong work ethic – highly organized, diligent and attentive to detail
- A confident self-starter who is solutions oriented
- Strong client management skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to invent on-strategy ideas
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Thrives in fast paced environment
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.