Digital Marketing Technical Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
As a Digital Marketing Technical Manager, you'll sit shoulder-to-shoulder with the teams at Google and Essence to provide leadership and on-site support to the Google Cloud Team and media agencies on digital operations. You'll be focused on providing digital advertising solutions for Google's Cloud marketing teams. The ideal candidate will be proficient with ad serving platforms including AdWords, GDN, Admob, Google Analytics, DoubleClick and Moat. In addition, you have experience trafficking ads and troubleshooting challenging ad delivery issues, have a high technical aptitude, great project management skills and enjoy hands-on learning in a fast paced environment.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Provide leadership on digital ad tagging in mobile, display and in-app environments.
- Provide escalation within Google Media Ad Ops team working with 3PAS, Media Lab and product marketing managers.
- Plan, generate and test Floodlight ad tags with internal engineers.
- Train internal teams on industry best practices, Google best practices and internal policies.
- Troubleshoot various customer problems and utilize experience to develop solutions.
- Work with the Google Medialab and Media Ops Teams to roll out best practices within the Cloud campaigns
- Ensure Brand safety measures are met. Reduce Fraud and Other violations on the Google Brand.
- Stay abreast of Google product and marketing policies to ensure we are operating within house ads compliance guidelines.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the team’s product.
- Alpha test new Google products in Data Analytics and Measurement to improve performance on Cloud Campaigns.
A bit about yourself:
- BA/BS degree, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in an ad operations role such as an ad trafficker, ad network or DSP support.
- Must possess thought leadership skills and the aptitude for being a leader, leading a team
- Experience in troubleshooting ad serving technical issues, such as delivery investigation and third party rich media issues.
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to partner with client and establish goals for the team.
- Preferred experience in working with Rich Media(Expandable, Video, Floating), Mobile, Video(VAST, VPAID) and Standard Display Ads.
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.