Associate Media Planning Director
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Accountable for brand planning our aim is to build deeper connections with audiences that go beyond the banner. We transform our clients’ business objectives and product strategy into insight-rooted plans. We build and maintain strong relationships with media owners to ensure that our plans are the most innovative in the industry. We manage all reservation based media activity to ensure delivery against campaign objectives.
To be the planning lead for designated clients/campaigns, defining contextual layers and precision of budgets across channels, and to help evolve best practice, including pushing the adoption of emerging technologies, leading the development and deployment of planning frameworks and the main POC for clients from planning. Managing the team to deliver planning and buying of brand activity.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Be the POC for Planning across senior and mid level clients, lead check ins with clients and presentations.
- Review responses from specialist teams and publishers.
- Lead big idea brainstorms where relevant.
- Lead country level outputs for Planning - Upfronts, country reviews etc.
- Responsible for setting and communicating with relevant internal stakeholders the campaign budget level splits across channel.
- Work closely with Strategy to co-create the strategy presentation with media context.
- Continually strive for improvement and innovation by sourcing and developing new partnerships with media partners and leading all stream two processes.
- Input into post campaign reviews - produce insightful analysis, demonstrating the effectiveness of our planning.
- Keep current on new market technologies and innovative solutions for clients.
- Foster a good working relationship across all internal teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
A bit about yourself:
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier College
- Likely 6 - 8 years experience in a digital media agency.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration; but also capable of working independently when needed.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - ability to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze raw data, identify true insight and develop actionable recommendations. A natural affinity with numbers is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to forge strong relationships and influence clients, partners and colleagues alike
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.