Advertising Operations Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Essence is seeking a Digital Ad Ops Manager to become an integral part of our Ad Operations team within North America. The right candidate will have a number of years’ experience working in the trenches of ad operations within an advertising agency, a good understanding of the digital landscape and most importantly an appetite to continually improve team workflow and process to ensure we continue to deliver best-in-class ad operations. You will have expert knowledge of ad serving systems and a passion for new and emerging technologies. You will also have a collaborative and “can do” attitude to help interface with our Analytics and Media team and deliver exceptional media solutions.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Maintain a high quality standard for the Ad Operations department by overseeing Quality Assurance to ensure 100% accuracy and to exceed client expectations, while still trafficking (when needed) for larger and more complex accounts.
- Project manage and drive ownership of several internal large initiatives for the Ad Operations team.
- Project manage creative specs and asset delivery; leading communication between creative agencies and internal Essence teams.
- Help lead the team to continually identify and implement opportunities for improvement within team processes, supporting systems and communication channels.
- Supportive role in motivating junior team members to strive for excellence, building interdepartmental relationships, and working towards continuous team improvement.
- Monitor campaign delivery to ensure campaigns are running as expected and targeting objectives are met, including checking daily reports and providing troubleshooting support for trafficking issues related to creative, publisher implementation, and escalating to third party vendors when necessary.
- Serve as an Ad Operations expert for interdepartmental questions that may arise and provide solutions; acting as a strategic partner and providing consultation to clients on the correct setup of campaigns, tagging of clients sites, and the use of web technologies to meet client needs.
- Support the team in the continual assessment of the web technology landscape, and help lead in testing of different products – including ad delivery, ad verification and single-view tracking and measurement.
- Act as an ambassador of ad operations across the agency. Work with senior leads in other teams to raise visibility, train new starters on process, attend conferences and continually educate teams on recent developments; building advocacy across the agency.
A bit about yourself:
- 4+ years’ experience in ad operations, preferably agency-side working on large and complex client accounts
- Hands-on knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies, especially Doubleclick
- A strong understanding of digital; especially the role that ad ops plays and a critical point of view on the various organizational structures and working practices that can be employed to deliver success
- A passion for all things digital, including a good understanding of industry trends and web technology developments and how they can be used to deliver category defining media solutions
- An ability to demonstrate getting the best out of people; including hands-on management, coaching and inspiration of a more junior team
- A strong work ethic; able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills, to ensure you can keep on top of your own and others workload
- Fine-tuned communication, presentation and influencing skills; with an ability to think creatively and present in a manner that inspires and excites
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.