Media Activation Executive
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Biddable & Programmatic involves planning & flawlessly executing programmatically bought media plans, across paid search, biddable display, paid social and emerging biddable & programmatic platforms, as well as deploying unsurpassed platform knowledge & smart use of audience data, and developing industry-leading technology (secured through collaborative supplier partnerships) to facilitate 1:1 communication with our audience.
As Programmatic Media Executive, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing different types of programmatic inventory – from private exchanges to FBX. You will work closely with the Programmatic Media Managers to create world class programmatic plans which exceed our client’s expectations whether branding or ROI driven.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- Effectively manage your designated programmatic campaigns; ensuring ongoing and timely optimization is delivered and constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance
- Contribute to the testing plans of your clients and suggest new ideas for testing, including planning, executing & evaluating tests with methodical accuracy
- Grow your knowledge of programmatic platforms such that you attain a working knowledge of all programmatic media practices within the first 6-12 months in role
- Develop further expertise within one chosen element of programmatic (PMP, DSP, DMP...) and implement best practices and contribute to documentation of & team knowledge sharing relating to this element
- Assist with performance analysis, internal data maintenance, issue identification and solution development that your team conducts
- Manage your own time and tasks on a day to day and week to week basis in consultation with your line manager
A bit about yourself:
- A minimum 2:1 from a top-tier university or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- High attention to detail, good organizational skills, and resourcefulness under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, will be particularly important in building & developing client and supplier relationships
- Proven ability to successfully multitask and manage projects from start to finish
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- Some understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across programmatic platforms would be desirable
- Experience with DSP platforms (e.g. DBM, TubeMogul, AppNexus), or with SSP/Ad Exchange platforms (e.g. AdX, Rubicon)
- Doubleclick Bid Manager certification
- Any experience with planning and running display campaigns on GDN
- Google AdWords Certification
- Experience with Google Analytics
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.