Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Media planners are responsible for analyzing data, thinking creatively and dreaming up innovative strategies to make sure marketing campaigns reach the right target audience in the most effective way possible. Armed with this critical analysis, media planners devise, propose, or recommend strategies for using certain media effectively to attract and retain customers, increase brand recognition, and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Audience research in syndicated and 1st party data sources
- Creative spec management
- Creation of tactical plan presentation and supporting media plan templates
- Creation of campaign analysis plan templates
- Oversee the successful launch of campaigns using the “Launch Tracker”
- Maintain accuracy and timely updates of deliverable tracking documents for the team
- QA of media plan set up conducted by various Activation team members
- Collate commentary on media performance and conduct first review on quality
- Adherence to team quality standard for reporting template and delivery
- Keep consistent track of campaign performance and target (monthly) across all channels, flagging needs for intervention
- Use understanding of campaign and marketplace to contribute ideas for campaign experiments and also prioritize experiments contributed by other team members
- Use understanding of campaign performance to contribute content to campaign wrap-up presentations
- Act as lead for smaller, more easily managed campaigns as progress in band and client demands/allows
- Manage accurate forecasts, media plans, and all key media planning documentation
A bit about yourself:
- Working knowledge and effective vocabulary across search, social, display, video, and programmatic media buying
- Experience with Media Research Tools (Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov)
- Ability to provide and meet forecasts of expected return of media investment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the desire to learn and advance
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.