Media Activation Supervisor Programmatic
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
The Media Activation Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and delivery of their account(s) across programmatic and video channels, and operating as the main campaign point of contact for our clients. They will make use of platform knowledge and account management practices to ensure effective management of projects to brief, schedule and budget. They will also work closely with their account lead (and the team’s head of display), to deliver world class display programs which exceed our client’s expectations.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Tactically plan and oversee all programmatic and video (YouTube) launches and QA within a media campaign
- Accountable for media channel performance to goal
- Be an expert in Display & Video platform buying
- Co-own end of month/quarter campaign wrap ups
- Regularly contribute to programmatic media best practices and campaign processes
- Develop and oversee execution of rigorous testing plans
- Ensure actionable insights for weekly and quarterly reports are in place
- Manage all aspects of 2-3 direct reports and a team of 4-6 (staff reviews, career planning, coaching)
A bit about yourself:
- Approximately 4-6 years experience in a digital media agency, minimum 3 year of media buying experience, minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Knowledge of:
- Doubleclick Certification
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across media buying platforms would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are particularly important in developing client relationships and maintaining efficient communication across the team
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and confidence in making information based decisions
- Adept at leading a team and partnering across various departments
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.