Media Activation Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
A new and exciting opportunity has opened up to join the Essence Media Activation team @ YouTube.
Our team is looking for an experienced Media Activation Manager to work alongside the YouTube team in YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape (Display, Video or SEM), is able to adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, is eager to take on new challenges and has a desire to learn and develop from two companies at the forefront of media.
Role responsibilities include owning the day-to-day execution of all elements of video campaigns while employing strong relationship management and platform knowledge to deliver flawless media plans, optimizations and analysis for a number of YouTube’s innovative offerings.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Use your proven digital marketing expertise and your deep understanding of Google Ads to drive success through excellent campaign management activation in accordance with proprietary strategic growth objectives
- Tactically plan, launch, analyze and optimize digital video campaigns to goal
- Ensure that campaigns align with channel best practices, actively contributing to the ongoing evolution of new processes and methodologies
- Support weekly, monthly and quarterly campaign wrap-ups
- Craft actionable insights from mid and end of campaign reports
- Develop and execute rigorous testing plans
A bit about yourself:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital media agency with a minimum of 2 years of media buying experience
- Experience planning and running large scale video campaigns across multiple markets, preferably through YouTube Advertising
- Google Ads (Adwords) certified; DV360 preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas, pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across media buying platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and to maintain efficient communication across different teams
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising and industry trends
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.