Senior Media Planning Executive
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
As a Senior Planning Executive you will be a part of the Media Planning practice at Essence. This means that you will be a part of the team that has overall responsibility for the design and delivery of media plans to our clients. This involves analyzing data, understanding consumers, being close to the media marketplace, and working the agency machine. Reporting into the Planning Manager, this is a great learning opportunity where you will get hands on experience on how a media plan is pulled together. Direct liaison with the Activation (buying), AdOps and Ops teams will give the Senior Planning Executive great exposure to a wide range of agency staff, allowing for a deeper understanding of how an agency works. This sets you up to understand the campaign workings establishing them as a valuable resource for client and Essence operations.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Hands-on usage of research tools especially essence/groupM ones, to co-create with an Account Manager for consumer insights/research
- Creative spec & asset management - working with various teams around the agency and the Creative Agency partners
- Use understanding of campaign and marketplace to contribute ideas for campaign experiments and also prioritize experiments contributed by other team members
- Support in the creation of tactical plan presentation and the actual media plan
- Liaising with activation & pubs (asking for avails, recommended tactics, RFPs etc)
- Help with creation and maintenance of media plan like budget movements and line updates. This includes liaison with activation team to keep the plan up to date at all times, in an organised manner - including but not limited to change log trackers.
- Assist manager in the creation of compiling reports and delivering meaningful campaign insight to drive business success
- Use understanding of campaign performance to contribute content to campaign wrap-up presentations (PCAs)
A bit about yourself:
- 1-3 years’ experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
- Working knowledge and effective vocabulary across search, social, display, video, and/or programmatic media buying
- Experience with Media Research Tools (e.g. Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov, RoyMorgan)
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong reasoning skills and timeline management
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.