Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Our Director of Analytics is accountable for quantifying and measuring the success of our executions and for delivering insights that enable us to innovate the work we deliver at Essence. You will lead and support multiple projects, be involved in external reviews if needed, and be integral in developing new analytical tools and processes.
You will be an educator to our clients and internal campaign teams on everything related to data. You will be a data futurist; highly capable today with an eye on evolving Analytics at Essence for the future.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Oversee the creation of clear and robust campaign reporting with valuable and actionable insights
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools. Managing the process through to delivery and take ownership of global roll out
- Build a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help account teams build comprehensive measurement, and test & learn plans
- Support the leadership of the Analytics team
- Assist clients with objective setting for marketing plans
- Oversee junior members of the team in the delivery of their responsibilities, ensuring quality and that deadlines are met
- Recruit, manage, and mentor resource ensuring workflow is efficient throughout the team, as well as a high quality output is delivered
A bit about yourself:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in strategic analytics with experience managing a team of analytics professionals
- Expose to marketing campaign measurement (both Direct Response and Brand Awareness campaigns)
- Strong understanding of what data points can be collected and analyzed in a digital campaign, and how each data point should be analyzed
- Excellent at presenting data in a visually engaging and insightful manner that cuts through the noise
- Proficiency with systems such as SQL, Social Analytics tools (Crimson Hexagon), Python, and ‘R’
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Established and professional communication, presentation, and motivational skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.