Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Accountable for brand planning our aim is to build deeper connections with audiences that go beyond the banner. We transform our clients’ business objectives and product strategy into insight-rooted plans. We build and maintain strong relationships with media owners to ensure that our plans are the most innovative in the industry. We manage all reservation based media activity to ensure delivery against campaign objectives.
To lead the planning process and oversee the buying & implementation of campaigns, coordinating internal resource, setting best practice and working on planning frameworks.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Support Planning Director with campaign strategy inputs
- Create our planning approach as a result of the Strategic framework
- Lead planning work; Receive, interpret briefs and oversee media plans that excite the client and deliver against their objectives
- Coordinate briefings and review responses from external partners and internal specialists
- Oversee creation of final media plans ensuring absolute accuracy
- Set and communicate the campaign budget level splits across channel with relevant internal stakeholders
- Input into campaign measurement plans with Analytics
- Continually strive for improvement and innovation by sourcing and developing new partnerships with media partners and leading all stream two processes.
- Input into post campaign reviews - produce insightful analysis, demonstrating the effectiveness of our planning
A bit about yourself:
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier College, a minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent
- Likely 5 - 7 years experience in a digital media agency including experience in a planning role
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration; but also capable of working independently when needed
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - ability to think on your feet
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze raw data, identify true insight and develop actionable recommendations. A natural affinity with numbers is a must.
- A passion to help and develop people – making yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support, and the ability to motivate people to succeed
- Strong work ethic – highly organized, diligent and attentive to detail
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.